23 July–3 August 2014
Built in the picturesque Kelvingrove Park in 1924, the Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre enjoyed 75 years of live performance and events before it closed in 1999 due to disrepair.
Thanks to wide public support, backed by famous Glasgow names such as Belle and Sebastian, Franz Ferdinand and The Pastels, a restoration project was proposed and funding was raised to bring this charming venue back to its former glory.
The return of one of the city’s best loved cultural venues will be celebrated with a fantastic Festival 2014 programme for all ages and tastes. Every day you can enjoy fabulous music from the worlds of folk, rock, pop, classical and jazz as well as comedy, visual art, film and storytelling for all ages – in the beautiful surroundings of Kelvingrove Park.
Buy your tickets for the Closing Ceremony Celebration at Kelvingrove Bandstand here.
There will be a security check as you enter Kelvingrove Bandstand. Please do not bring the following items with you to the venue as you will not be able to bring them in: Frisbees, balls or inflatables; bottles with a capacity of more than 500ml; cans, glass or alcohol; golf umbrellas; skateboards, scooters, or cycles.
You may bring: one folding chair per person; soft sided bags up to 25 l capacity; food for personal consumption; one bottle per person (capacity 500ml or less); small umbrellas (please do not open within the seating bowl).
Be waste wise
Please follow the ‘zero waste’ principles: reduce, reuse and recycle. Bins at venues will be marked to help you put the right rubbish in the right bin. This will in turn help us make sure we recycle as much as possible, and prevent your waste from going to landfill.
- 40 minute walk from the city centre.
- Nearest train station: Partick (20 minute walk).
- Nearest Subway station: Kelvinbridge (10 minute walk).
- Well served by buses, including: 19, 19A, 3, 2.
- 15 minute cycle from city centre, limited cycle parking is available within Kelvingrove Park off Kelvin Way around the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues.
- Blue Badge Parking will be located on Kelvin Way, accessed from University Avenue.
- Blue badge parking can be booked up to 24 hours in advance by contacting 0141 287 2014 or email email@example.com