Zinio eMagazines is a great NEW service from Glasgow Libraries which lets you read digital copies of your favourite magazines for FREE!
A wide selection of magazines are currently available covering everything from food to sport and technology to entertainment! Titles include Good Food; Men’s Fitness; Golf Monthly; National Geographic; Home & Garden; Rolling Stone; Hello! and much more.
The eMagazines are available on your computer, a Smartphone or tablet.
To register for the service you must have a Glasgow Libraries membership. If you are not already a library member it's easy to join, simply visit one of our 33 libraries
to register as a member.
You can also complete the Online Membership Form
however your account will need to be verified at a library before you can access ZInio eMagazines.
You will need to create two accounts a library magazine account and a Zinio account [to download and read magazines]. If you are a first time user you should read our User Guide.
to access the Glasgow Libraries Zinio library account page.
• To create a library magazine account using your Glasgow library card number you will also be asked for your name, email address and a password. Zinio will send you a joining email. Follow the link in the email to activate your account.
• The next step is to browse the magazines and select which titles you wish to read. There is no limit, so there is nothing to stop you selecting all the magazines to which the library has subscribed.
• You will then need to register for a separate Zinio account to read and manage your magazines.
• To view the ZInio magazine collection available from Glasgow Libraries, you must always sign in to the Glasgow Libraries Zinio page first. You can do this using a web browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome.
Is your device Compatible:
To use Zinio on your laptop or desktop your device must have the following system requirements
• Preferred browser: Internet Explorer 8 & higher
• Alternative browsers: Firefox 3.6 & higher, Google Chrome
• Flash 10.1 or higher
• Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
• Preferred browser: Safari 5 & higher, Firefox 3.6 & higher
• Alternative browsers: Google Chrome
• Flash 10.1 or higher
• Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
To use Zinio on your tablet or smartphone the appropriate app must be downloaded – Zinio apps are available for:
*Please note: Zinio is not compatible with the Amazon Kindle but does work with the Kindle Fire. Some magazine titles are not compatible with the iPhone.
You can download a wide range of magazines free from the library, but if you wish to look further the Zinio website has many more magazines which you will have to pay for separately. You will never need to pay for any of the magazines provided by the library.