Glasgow Life in partnership with Glasgow City Council are working hard to help city residents prepare for the changes to the benefit system as a result of the UK Government’s Welfare Reform Act. This Act will mean a restructure of the benefits system which will look to bring all benefits together under Universal Credit. It will also mean changes to the way people apply for benefits. The majority of benefit applications and job searches will now need to be complete online.
To get ready for the immanent changes you can use the Universal Credit personal planner to find out if you need to do anything differently.
Free PC and Internet and training courses
Glasgow Life can help you get online and improve your skills, our Glasgow Libraries offer FREE PC and internet access, FREE computer courses to help improve your computer skills and a wide range of FREE learning classes if you require extra help with your reading, writing and numbers skills or English language skills.
Pop into one of our 33 libraries today where our staff will be glad to help you, alternatively call us free on 0800 027 6402
Free money and benefits advice service
We are also working with the Citizens Advice Bureau to offer a free and confidential money and benefits advice service at the following Libraries:
We hope to roll this money and benefits advice service out to other libraries across the city very soon.
- Dennistoun Library every Tuesday from 10am until 1pm - for further info call 0141 276 0768
- Springburn Library every Tuesday from 10am until 1pm - for further info call 0141 276 1690 (option 2)
- Riddrie Library every Thursday from 10am until 1pm - for further info call 0141 276 0690
- Royston Library every Thursday afternoon from 1pm until 4pm - for further info call 0141 276 0890
- Drumchapel Library every Thursday from afternoon from 1pm until 4pm - for further info call 0141 276 1545
- Maryhill Library every Wednesday from 1pm until 4pm - for further info call 0141 276 0715
Additional information or support
If you require additional information or support please click on the sections below: