How a small country's gift for trade created a golden age of great and popular art.
- Investigating Rembrandt – one of the greatest paintings in Glasgow, but who is the man in the painting?
- Trade and Prosperity – A seafaring nation – Dutch sea power in the 17th century was a major influence on how Dutch art developed
- Everyday life? – how Dutch artists painted people at home, and what messages can be read into these paintings
- Landscapes and the Art Market – the astonishing variety of Dutch landscapes and what they tell us about society and the art market
- Still Life – what these paintings tell us about 17th-century Dutch interest in the world around them
- The Dutch and Religion – paintings reveal the differences between Protestant and Catholic life
- Flemish Painting – religious divides in the 17th-century Netherlands influenced how art developed in the north and south
- The Five Senses – discover the symbols representing the five senses in Lairesse's pianting.