How French painters saw the light and coloured our lives.
- Changing Styles in 19th-century French Painting – between 1850 and 1910, landscape painting in France changed dramatically
- Light on Water – how different artists met the challenge of painting water
- People Out of Doors – French artists moved away from painting agricultural scenes and began painting people at leisure
- Viewpoints – how artists select the scenes they paint, and the decisions they make
- Still Life – artists turned to still life painting for a wide variety of reasons
- Vuillard's Figures in a Room – unusual snapshot-style paintings full of pattern
- Portraits – artists paint people's faces for many reasons, and not all of them are traditional portraits.