How our image of Scotland is rooted in history and myth.
- Scottish Identity in Art: Introduction and Tailpiece – how is Scottish identity in the 21st century influenced by the art of times past?
- Tartanalia – think of Scotland, think of tartan – how did this stereotype come about?
- Scottish Landscapes – how romantic views of Scottish scenery came to be so popular in Victorian times
- Scottish Enlightenment – how European styles were adapted to create a distinctively Scottish quality, and how that in turn left an international legacy
- Myth and Reality – what is the truth behind Scottish legends like Robert Burns and Mary, Queen of Scots?
- Scottish History – medieval Scotland, Robert the Bruce, the Jacobites (including a letter signed by Prince Charles Edward Stuart)