In the Environment Discovery Centre you can also:
- find out what a vertebrate is
- use magnifying glasses to look closely at insects, fossils and rocks
- get close to gulls and find our why some birds look like gulls but actually are not gulls
- look at different kinds of seeds, where they come from, and how they are scattered far and wide
- explore how different animals move and feed
- look at the seashore and the wide range of wildlife that lives there
- find out all about red squirrels
- fit a model brain in a fox and find out why we have a spine
- discover what invertebrates are
- explore the world of plants
- take a look at the amazing variety of shell shapes and sizes, colours and patterns, and the creatures who live in shells
- discover why Scotland’s biodiversity is under threat, and suggest what we can do to help.
Our education team are usually in the Discovery Centres at weekends, in the afternoon, and during school holidays.