The building and displays have been designed to be as accessible as possible for all visitors, no matter their age, background or ability. However, there will be specific provision for sensory-impaired visitors and visitors whose first language is not English.
This provision includes:
- elements of some of our e-Intros (digital displays) will be available in different languages
- majority of audio displays will have subtitles
- displays that are audio only will have transcripts and audio loops
- 10% of displays designed specifically for people with a sensory impairment
- floor plans and general museum information in major tourist and local languages