The London 2012 Olympic Football competition is coming to Glasgow in July and August 2012, and bringing with it thousands of visitors and spectators to the city during the Games.
This is your opportunity to get involved during the Olympics Games time; Glasgow needs you to be an ambassador to the world.
So if you have a passion for Glasgow and want to get involved in the Olympic events held in Glasgow please read on and apply for the Glasgow Ambassador Programme.
What is a Glasgow Ambassador?
Glasgow Ambassadors will act as friendly and efficient hosts to spectators and other visitors to Glasgow during the 2012 Olympic Games offering assistance to all.
- Signposting to key city centre attractions
- Welcome at key transport interchanges
- Information and assistance / enquires
- Guidance on route to Olympic venue
Acting as an Ambassador for the city:
- Friendly, helpful, informative and polite
- Create the right impression of Glasgow
- Be welcoming, be positive and be proud!
Criteria for Applying?
- Be 18 years old or over on or before 1st January 2012
- Fall into one of the following categories:
- Glasgow Resident
- Work in Glasgow
- Study in Glasgow
- Volunteer for a Community/Voluntary organisation in Glasgow
- Be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Complete a health declaration form.
- Complete a self declaration / CRBS check (dependent on role and location).
- Be available to volunteer during 25th July – 3rd August 2012 for a minimum of 3 shifts (6 hours per shift).
- Be responsible for covering your own travel expenses to get to and from the volunteer placement.
- Attend all specified training and all aspects of the interview process.
For those interested in being involved in the Glasgow Ambassador Programme, please download and complete the application below and return it to email@example.com or send your completed application to Club, Coach and Volunteer Development, Glasgow Ambassador Programme, Glasgow Sport, 20 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5ES
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2012.