There are loads of great reasons to become a lifeguard......
- First and foremost you would be providing an amazing public service and could potentially save a life.
- Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry.
- The opportunity to get fit and stay fit, with regular monthly training.
- You get to work with a team of like minded people, so there’s plenty of opportunity to increase your social circle!
- The hours are flexible and perfect for those of you who need to fit studying into your busy days.
- Lastly but still very importantly, you will gain a skill that will come in handy for the rest of your life.
ILA FUNDING ACCEPTED
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE
What will you need to do to get on the course?
Every candidate must attend a pool test and meet the following criteria:
- Be 16 years of age by the day of assessment.
- Jump / dive into deep water.
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds.
- Swim 100 metres on front and 100 metres on back continuously.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out of pool unaided without ladder or steps and where the pool design permits.
- Complete a medical questionnaire.
So what’s involved in the NPLQ?
It's a 36 hour course, with an additional 1.5 hours for AED and 100% attendance is required.
The course will include the following;
- The Lifeguard, Swimming Pools and Supervision.
- Intervention, Rescue and Emergency Action Plan.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid.
- Ending in a practical assessment where you will demonstrate all the skills and knowledge you have learned.