Currently volunteering in sport?
Passionate & committed about sport?
Planning on pursuing a career in sport?
With the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games fast approaching, Glasgow Sport in conjunction with sportscotland, are offering a fantastic opportunity for you to play a key role in shaping and supporting sport within the city. You could have the chance to be involved in creating a long lasting legacy that Glasgow can be proud of.
The main aim of the Glasgow Sport Young Leaders programme is to maximise your potential as a volunteer by providing you with opportunities that will increase your knowledge, experiences and enthusiasm in sport.
To be eligible to apply for the programme, you must:
- Be 14 - 18 years old
- Be volunteering on a regular basis (Volunteering at least once a month)
- Be nominated by a suitable person, such as an Active Schools Co-ordinator, Club Coach, Sport Leaders Awards Co-ordinator, Sports Development Officer, Health & Physical Activity Co-ordinator, Youth Worker or PE/Guidance Teacher.
- Have shown a commitment to volunteering within sport, such as:
- Coaching (Assistant Coach, Head Coach, Fitness Coach)
- Administration (Treasurer, Committee Member, Secretary, Chairperson)
- Leadership (Youth Club Leader, Scouts, Girl Guides, After School Leader)
- Officiating (Referee, Umpire, Line Judge).
- High level of support and guidance from experienced professionals within the sports industry.
- Be part of an Inspire Mark Programme that has strong links to the 2012 Olympics.
- Up skilling opportunities with relevant qualifications to enhance your experience and knowledge, including workshops such as Positive Coaching Scotland and disability inclusion training.
- An opportunity to meet new people, have fun and give something back to the community.
- Glasgow Sport Young Leaders kit.
- Positive progressions onto other Glasgow Sport volunteering opportunities/ programmes/
- Play an important part in the build up to the 2014 Commonwealth Games and its legacy for Glasgow.
- Volunteering recognition awards.
Applicants will be expected to:
- Be available for the October week school holiday for our induction programme
- Volunteer at a minimum of one Glasgow Sport event
- Attend monthly Young Leader team nights
- Keep an up to date volunteering logbook.
Recruitment for the Glasgow Sport Young Leaders programme will open on Monday 13th August.
Applicants are required to submit a completed application form (FORM A), including a statement from the person who is nominating you (FORM B) by Wednesday 5th September. Please submit a passport photograph along with your application.
Selected applicants will be invited to attend an informal group interview.
Applicants will be notified whether they have been successful or not in gaining a place on the programme.
Please Note: Entry onto the programme can only be gained via a nomination - please see criteria.
If you require assistance completing the form or further information regarding the programme, please phone 0141 287 3665.