Volunteer with Glasgow Sport
As we all know, the sports we love taking part in just don't happen without the fantastic support of thousands of volunteers. Glasgow Sport has hundreds of volunteers making a massive difference to sport across the city.
How can I get involved?
There are three main areas of sport which aspiring volunteers can be involved in, these are
- Club Volunteering: Glasgow Sport has links to over 500 clubs in Glasgow offering a range of roles including coaching, administration, officiating and fundraising
- Event Volunteering: Glasgow Sport run a number of high profile National and International Events, such as the Great Scottish Run, Woman's 10K, World Gymnastics Championships, World Youth Netball and Grand Prix Gymnastics. These events provide opportunities for volunteers such as: stewarding; administration; officiating; transportation; and ambassadorial roles.
- Sports Specific Programmes: There are numerous opportunities for volunteers across Glasgow Sport's programmes including our:
- 15 Targeted Sports Programmes
- Active Schools Programmes and Festivals
- Outdoor Leisure Programmes
- Equalities and Disability Sports Programmes
- Health and Fitness Programmes and Classes