- 18 years and over?
- Currently volunteering in sport in Glasgow?
- Planning on pursuing a career in sport?
If your answer to the questions above is “YES” then VIP could be for you!!
What is VIP?
VIP targets people in Glasgow who have shown a particular enthusiasm for volunteering within sport. It provides training and support to these individuals to offer them the opportunity to develop in a chosen area. The programme seeks to reward and recognise volunteers that have shown a real commitment to volunteering and give them the opportunity to be part of the Commonwealth Games 2014 legacy for volunteering in Glasgow.
Why is VIP so different?
VIP offers specific benefits to volunteers involved in the programme, ensuring it is tailored to each individual and includes
- Financial support for qualifications
- Increasing your employability
- Allocated support officers
- Development nights
- Personal action plans
- Individual and group meetings
To be eligible to apply for the programme, you should:
- Be 18 years or older
- Reside in Glasgow or volunteering in Glasgow
- Be nominated by a suitable person such as: Sports Development Officer, Lecturer, Course Supervisor, PE Teacher, Club Coach/Committee member, Youth Worker or other relevant person
- Volunteer at least 1 hour per week
- And have been volunteering for at least 6 months prior to the application date
Commitments from you:
- Be available for the VIP Induction Day held on the Monday 20th August 2012
- Attend all development evenings (All Mondays - 10th September 2012, 8th October 2012, 12th November 2012, 10th December 2012, 11th February 2013, 11th March 2013, 29th April 2013)
- Work through a Personal Action Plan
- Continue to volunteer (volunteering at least once per month)
- Attend all education courses that you have agreed to attend.
How do I Apply
As long as you match the above criteria, you are free to send in a VIP application form along with you’re recommendation statement from your nominator. There are limited places available on the programme so please ensure that you explain to us why you feel you would be an ideal candidate for this programme.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th July 2012.
Once we receive your application Glasgow Sport will interview potential candidates and inform you if you have been successful.
Please remember you MUST be recommended to be involved in this programme via a nominator. For information on how to nominate follow the link.
If you have any questions or queries regarding VIP please feel free to contact the Club, Coach and Volunteer team
We wish you the best of luck with your application.