"The walk leaders were so friendly and encouraging. It put me completely at ease" Walker.
Want to come along but not sure what to expect? Don't worry! Here you'll find all the information you should know before coming along to your first walk. If you have any other questions feel free to give us a call on 0141 287 0963.
There are over 40 health walks that take place at different times and locations across the city each week so get out in the fresh air and explore Glasgow's lovely parks and waterways in the company and safety of others. Download our current brochure here.
- There is no need to book but please call the contact person in the brochure before your first walk to check it is going ahead as scheduled.
- Wear flat comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the Scottish weather! (Hat, gloves, scarf, sunglasses!)
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes early for your first walk as there is a new walker form to complete before taking part. Our friendly walk leaders will be on hand to help with this if you need them.
- Children are welcome as long as they are accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Remember to bring any necessary medication on the walk. (e.g. inhalers)
- We welcome people of all abilities on the Health Walks. Wherever possible we will adjust routes to improve accessibility. Please call us on 0141 287 0963 to discuss your requirements or for more information about a specific walk.
- If you know or are concerned about a medical condition that might affect your participation in a health walk, please seek relevant medical advice and follow that advice.
- If you feel unwell at any point or if you have to leave the group for any reason please tell the walk leader.
- Walkers undertake health walks at their own risk
- Please show respect to the walk leaders and other walkers.
We love to see new faces so please get involved and join in! For a copy of our Health Walks brochure click here.