"The walks have improved my social life and given me confidence" Walker.
Why join a health walk?
Walking is one of the easiest ways to get out and get active! We should all be aiming to do 2 and a half hours of exercise a week and joining a health walk is a great first step to achieving this.
There are many benefits of coming along for a walk with us.
- It's a really easy and fun way of getting active! Our walks cater to all ages and abilities.
- It's a great way to meet new people. Walking at your own pace gives you a chance to keep chatting! Get to know the people who come along with you on the walk, you can be active and sociable at the same time.
- It makes you feel good! You'd be surprised at the boost you get from the fresh air and good company. Don't believe us? Come along and give it a try for yourself!
- There are plenty of health benefits! Walking can reduce your risk of developing heart disease, certain types of cancer and type II diabetes by up to 50%!
- Last but not least, its absolutely FREE!
There are loads of good reasons to get out and get walking. Keeping active is proven to really improve your health and reduce your risk of these very serious diseases, but it can also help you to stay sociable, stay independent and stay young!
If you'd like any more information on the walks we offer, have a look at our brochure here, or give one of our team a call on 0141 287 0963.