By registering for and using our online bookings system you agree to abide by the terms and conditions and fair use policy below:
- Registration - You must register before using online bookings by completing the registration form available from the 'bookings' page on our website.
- Membership - You must possess a valid Pay As You Go or Fitness Unlimited membership and associated membership card with a printed barcode on it to be able to make bookings online.
- Payment - Bookings must be paid for before they are confirmed. Unconfirmed bookings will be removed from the system within 15 minutes of being made unless they are paid for using a credit or debit card.
- Cancellation - Please cancel bookings you cannot attend (any time up until the activity is due to begin) to free up space for others. You can cancel bookings that haven't yet been paid for or that are inclusive in your membership. This can be done whether the booking was made online, by phone or in person. PLEASE NOTE: You CANNOT cancel bookings once they have been paid for. See refunds (item 5 below).
- Dishonoured bookings - It is vital that membership inclusive activity bookings are cancelled by members who are unable to attend. Repeated failure to attend activities that have been booked and are inclusive in membership without cancelling the booking may result in the withdrawal of the right to book online, or ultimately the right to book any activity in advance.
- Refunds – Glasgow Life will refund the cost of bookings in full if we are unable to provide the activity you have paid for. Please DO NOT make bookings online if your plans are subject to change as we are unable to refund the cost of bookings you have already paid for if you are unable to attend. In extreme circumstances, refunds may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the management.
- Availability - The online booking system is unavailable between the hours of 11:30pm and 05:00am while backups and scheduled maintenance are carried out.
- Advance Booking - Bookings can be made (subject to availability) up to 7-days in advance and right up until the start time of the activity quoted online.
- Transfer of Bookings - Members cannot make bookings on behalf of other members, and bookings are non- transferable (i.e. must be cancelled or attended by the individual member who made the booking).
- Confirmation - A confirmation email will be sent to the member's registered email address (see the 'Edit my details' page in the online bookings system to confirm/change this e-mail address). Members are welcome to print this email but are not required to bring this when they attend the activity they have booked. The status of any bookings made can be checked on the 'View my bookings' page.
Online Bookings - Fair Use Policy
Why have a fair use policy? It's designed to make your experience when booking activities online a happy one and maximise availability for all our members.
Am I likely to be affected by the fair use policy? If you don't book large numbers of classes or activities it's unlikely you'll ever be affected by this policy. If you do, all we ask is that you do so considerately, by ensuring you don't book more than a single one-hour court hire per day and if booking fitness classes, that you only book classes you are sure you'll be able to attend. Should something arise unexpectedly that will prevent you from attending a class, and you have a Fitness Unlimited membership we'd ask that you cancel the booking as soon as you know you'll be unable to attend - this will free up space for others.
What will happen if I make a lot of bookings or book and don't show up? If you only occasionally make large numbers of bookings we're unlikely to be concerned. Similarly if you fail to attend a class you've booked once or twice it shouldn't be a problem. If its happening more often we may have to charge you for bookings you failed to honour because we were unable to sell to other customers. If you are booking multiple courts at the same time, or a single court for more than one hour a day we may advise you of our intention to monitor your usage and take additional action if required. Ultimately if you breach the terms of online bookings or of the fair use policy repeatedly, we may have to withdraw your online booking priveleges completely. We don't want to do that, and with your support and goodwill we'll work with you to see if we can avoid this happening.