Walking Programmes for All
The Spring / Summer 2013 Walking Programme is available now!
All walks are categorized to ensure you choose the most suitable walk for your abilities. We offer:
Healthy Walks - short, gentle and friendly led walk up to 2 ½ miles long for all ages and abilities led by trained volunteers. For more information and the current health walk timetable visit click here
- Garden walks – a more sedate day out with walks around stunning gardens both formal and informal and strolls around immediate surroundings, plenty of stops
- Half day – easy walks leaving from various citywide venues. About 5 miles.
- Easy Walks - generally low level flat path & or road walks with some minor inclines.
- Easy + Walks – may have a few steeper sections but mainly on good paths.
- Moderate - A taste of steeper exhilarating climbs with shorter achievable distances an ideal start for those beginners looking for a further challenge.
- Hill days – Mainly hill climbs, on and off paths and longer days. Generally a more lengthy day, steep ground or tops included.
- Walking Activity Weekends – the weekends away are planned to suit all abilities taking you as far a field as Wester Ross and the Cairngorms.
Booking a Walk
Call freephone (from a landline)
0800 027 0470 or 0141 287 8931 to book and pay for a walk with a debit or credit
card (and check availability).
Book and pay online if you are a
Glasgow Club member. Access your log in details at any Glasgow club or by calling
the numbers above. Use this link to book online once you have your pin
Pay for a walk with cash, credit or
debit card at any Glasgow Club in person (you cannot call a Glasgow Club to
Please note some walks may incur an
additional fuel surcharge due to distances involved.