For your own enjoyment and safety we recommend you wear appropriate hill walking boots with ankle support and come suitably prepared for the changeable Scottish weather. If in doubt just give us a call on 0141 287 3831.
Please remember the Scottish weather is very unpredictable even in summer! So, in a rucksack we recommend each walker carry the following:
- A waterproof jacket and over trousers
- A spare warm woollen or fleece top / jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Walking poles or a stick (can help with stability and rhythm)
- Plasters for blisters
- Sunglasses / sun cream
- Food for lunch and extra snacks
- Flask with warm drink / soup
- Water or juice
- Head torch and a foil blanket (moderate or hill walkers only)
- Over shoe ice grips (trax) only for icy wintry conditions.
You can leave a change of clothes and towel in the minibus.
Please note if in doubt call us for advice on 0141 287 3831 or visit any specialist outdoor retail store.