There are several levels of competition opportunities available to athletes through Athletics Clubs; the Glasgow Athletics Association; Sports Development and the National Governing Body.
The Levels of competition include:
- Open Graded Competitions - where athletes compete against others of similar standard
- Inter School Competitions and School Championships
- Inter Club Competition at a West of Scotland level for athletes aged under 15
- Scottish and UK Competitions organised through National League Structures
- Local and National Championships
- Representative competition.