We can do more with your support
Transforming lives through Culture, Sport and Learning.
Glasgow Life is a charitable organisation that seeks to inspire the city’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning. We do this by providing sports centres, events, music venues, libraries, museums, classes, theatres and community facilities throughout the city.
We currently provide 22 sporting facilities, including the new Emirates Arena, 33 Libraries and 10 Museums and Art Galleries. In 2011/12 our services saw an incredible 16.8 million attendances.
Below are just some of the ways that Glasgow Life is working to improve the lives of Glasgow’s citizens and visitors:
- In 2011/12 we provided 270,000 free swims to children and senior citizens
- Our Museums supported 282 volunteers to carry out 44,000 hours of volunteering activity
- More than 11,000 people attended computer classes at Glasgow Libraries
- We ran a wide range of cultural events including Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Mela, Merchant City Festival and Aye Write! Glasgow’s Book Festival.
- All our museums are free to visit. Last year we recorded almost 3.5 million attendances.
- We provide a ground breaking, community exercise programme in selected Glasgow Clubs called Active After Breast Cancer (Active ABC).
- Glasgow Sport supported, trained and developed over 180 students last year through volunteering opportunities allowing them to deliver sport in local communities, schools, clubs or within their own college or university.
Your support can help us grow and develop our services; to look after the city’s health, to preserve the incredible collections in our museums and art galleries, to provide world class sporting and cultural events and to inspire our citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives.