Macmillan Cancer Support has funded Glasgow Libraries to set up cancer information and support services in libraries across the city of Glasgow. We are looking for volunteers to represent Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries at events. As the programme expands, it is vital that we have a strong presence in all our communities in the city, in order to ensure that people affected by cancer know about our services and have the chance to access the information and support that we provide. This is where you come in. In order to grow our networks and ensure that everyone in Glasgow knows about our services, we need a team of enthusiastic volunteers to attend community events, promote the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries programme and inspire local people to access our cancer services.
The main tasks will involve:
1. Building strong community links and raising awareness of Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries
2. Attending local events to promote the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries services
3. Explaining the resources and services available at Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries to groups during talks or at events
Benefits to you:
1. Full support from your supervisor and the Macmillan Volunteer Coordinator
2. Full training
3. The chance to meet and make friends with like-minded people
4. Make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer in your local community.
5. Regular socials with other volunteers on the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries programme across the city.
6. Regular volunteer newsletter informing you of developments and new opportunities in the programme
7. Exciting range of social networking opportunities within Glasgow Life and Macmillan
8. Excellent experience to enhance your CV
9. References can be provided to volunteers who are involved for more than six months
10. Be part of an innovative cancer support project, the first if its kind in the UK