How we will use and store your information
1. Information you provide on the application form will be used by Culture and Sport Glasgow to produce your card, and to replace your card if necessary. Your data will be held until your card expires, as shown on the front of your card.
2. For applicants who attend Glasgow City educational establishments, the details you provide on the form will be checked for accuracy against records held by Glasgow City Council and Culture and Sport Glasgow. Your details may also be updated (e.g. if you change address) from these records.
3. Providing us with your email address is not mandatory, but it will enable us to send you information about new offers, services and competitions electronically.
4. Your details may be passed on to Glasgow City Council, to allow them to provide you with services for the purposes indicated below in paragraphs 5 and 6.
5. Your details may be used by Culture and Sport Glasgow and Glasgow City Council to provide you with services. For a full and current list of services provided with the Glasgow Kidz Card, please refer to the Kidz Card pages of this website.
6. From time to time, Culture and Sport Glasgow and/or Glasgow City Council may send you details of offers, news and events. If you do not want to receive such details, there is a box for you to tick on page 3 of the application form.
7. The 'More About You' questions on page 4 are voluntary. We do need date of birth, gender and post data on page 2 to process your card. The information will help us to monitor our equal opportunities policy and to improve the way we target our resources. It will be used for generating statistical information only, to show general trends/patterns in card ownership.
8. All processing of your details by Culture and Sport Glasgow and Glasgow City Council is carried out in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You are entitled to access the information held. Applications for data held by Culture and Sport Glasgow can be made to: Youth Marketing Manager Glasgow Kidz Card, Glasgow Life*, 220 High Street, Glasgow G4 0QW
*Glasgow Life and the sub-brands mentioned below are operating name(s) of Culture and Sport Glasgow (“CSG”). CSG is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with company number SC313851 and having its registered office at 220 High Street, Glasgow, G4 0QS. CSG is registered as a charity with the office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (No SC037844).
It operates and carries out its activities under the name Glasgow Life and/or the sub-brands Glasgow Arts, Glasgow Communities, Glasgow Music, Glasgow Events, Glasgow Libraries, Glasgow Museums, Glasgow Sport, Young Glasgow and their related branding. Glasgow Life delivers cultural and leisure services on behalf of Glasgow City Council.
May 2012, Issue 7