Early Movers & Junior Movers
Glasgow Sport are working on a new programme to help children play, learn and move better in a multi-activity setting.
These Fundamental Movement Skills are important, first and foremost, for overall child development but also to improve competence in a sporting environment later in life.
- Emphasis on improving fundamental movement skills such as balance, jumping, throwing, catching and rhythm
- Children aged 2 – 5 (Pre-School) with parental/carer involvement in sessions
- Adapted for children aged 5 – 8 (at Primary School) without parents involved
- All activities done using basic play/sport equipment i.e. ladders, hoops, hurdles, beanbags, balls, balloons etc
- Inclusion of “mental tasks” to increase brain functions as well as physical demands
You’re invited to attend free sessions of this new programme to see if you and your child enjoy taking part, and also offer your feedback on how the programme could be improved.
The sessions are completely free, will help develop your child’s movement skills and also offer a chance to take part in a fun activity together!
Sessions will take place on the following dates and times. No need to book in advance: