Dates and times
Hosted sessions where our trained, helpful staff will advise you on how to apply for Universal Credit.
Appointments can last for up to 1.5 hours and can include filling in your forms.
If you live in Knightswood and need to make a new claim for one of the following benefits, you will need to claim Universal Credit:
• Income Support
• Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Housing Benefit
• Child Tax Credit
• Working Tax Credit
How can I get support?
Phone 0808 169 9901 and make an appointment to come along to Knightswood Library. The service is available every Monday from 9am-5pm. A drop in service is also available on a Monday, but it is recommended that you book to avoid disappointment.
What support is offered?
A Support Officer can help you make a new application for this benefit and can also help you maintain your existing Universal Credit claim. The Support Officer can also help and guide you with other welfare rights issues and seek you further assistance if you are a job seeker or need support with digital skills.
What do I need to claim Universal Credit?
• You (and your partner’s) National Insurance number, and proof of identity
• An email address and phone number
• A bank, building society, post office or credit union account
• Online access to make your claim and keep it updated
• Proof of how much rent and any service charges you pay
• Your landlord’s name and address
• Details of anyone that lives with you
• Details of any childcare costs you pay to a registered childcare provider
• Details of any savings
• Proof of any other income
• Proof of your wages