High Performance Coach
Sandra has been involved in gymnastics from an early age, firstly as a competitor and then as a coach. Sandra graduated from the University of Glasgow with a BSc (Hons) in Mathematics and an MSc in Sports Studies from the University of Stirling where her final thesis looked into the burn out rate of female gymnasts.
Sandra has also attained:
- Level 1 General Gymnastics Certificate
- Level 3 Men’s Artistic Certificate
- Level 5 Women’s Artistic Certificate
- UKCC Examinare
- UKCC Level 1&2 Tutor
- BG Gymnastics Level 3 Tutor & Examiner
- UK SportAspire Graduate
- Sportscotland Sport Psychology Course
- 2014 SportScotland Development Coach of the Year
- 2014 Glasgow Sport Performance Coach of the Year Runner –Up
- 2016 Scottish Gymnastics Performance Coach of the Year Runner-Up
Sandra started her coaching at City of Glasgow Gymnastic Club where she was promoted to head coach of the Women’s Artistic section. Throughout her career at City of Glasgow Gymnastic Club Sandra has produced many Scottish Champions, Team Titles and Senior British Finalists. Sandra has trained gymnasts to compete at the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games, 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast.
Sandra has been personal Coach to 3 Commonwealth Games Finalist, Assistant Commonwealth Coach at Glasgow 2014 and Lead Commonwealth Coach at Gold Coast 2018 where the Women’s Artistic Gymnastic Team produced history making performances.