Find out more about our partnership and how we can help
Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries
Glasgow is the first place in the UK where everyone affected by cancer in the city has access to local, community based cancer information and support services, thanks to an innovative partnership between Macmillan Cancer Support and Glasgow Libraries.
Finding out that you or someone close to you has cancer can be a difficult and confusing time. That's why we're here to help support you, so you don't have to face it alone.
In libraries across the city, we offer a free and confidential drop-in service where anyone affected by cancer can get emotional support and high quality information in a relaxed environment.
We also run outreach - or pop up - sessions in the community. You'll find us everywhere from hospitals to health centres and community events. We'll have a private space and trained volunteers who are always ready to listen and offer support.
To find out more information on the support we provide and how to refer people into us contact us on 0141 287 2999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help
If you are affected by cancer we offer you, your family and carer(s) a wide-ranging service which includes:
- Emotional support or just someone to talk to
- Information and booklets on all aspects of living with and beyond cancer
- Help to arrange free and local counselling and complementary therapy appointments with Cancer Support Scotland
- Put you in touch with your local Macmillan Benefits Adviser who can help with your financial worries
- Direct you to good quality internet sites for cancer information and support
- Help to access a wide range of other local services such as carers support, physical activity, art classes and support groups.
Cancer Support Scotland
Complementary therapy and counselling services are provided in partnership with Cancer Support Scotland, who provide emotional and practical support on a one-to-one basis to anyone affected by cancer including family, friends and carers.
Cancer Support Scotland is a registered Scottish charity (SC012867)