Find out more about our partnership and how we can help
Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries
Glasgow is the first place in the UK where everyone affected by cancer in the city has access to local, community based cancer information and support services, thanks to an innovative partnership between Macmillan Cancer Support and Glasgow Libraries.
In libraries across the city, we offer a free and confidential drop-in service where anyone affected by cancer can get emotional, practical and financial support and reliable information in a relaxed environment.
We also run outreach - or pop up - sessions in the community. You'll find us everywhere from hospitals to health centres and community events.
To find out more information on the support we provide and how to refer people into us contact us on 0141 287 2999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help
If you are affected by cancer we offer you, your family and carers a wide-ranging service which includes:
- Emotional support or just someone to talk to
- Information and booklets on all aspects of living with and beyond cancer
- Free and local counselling and complementary therapy appointments with Cancer Support Scotland
- Appointments with your local Macmillan Benefits Adviser who can help with financial worries
- Direct you to good quality websites for cancer information and support
- Help to access a wide range of other local services such as Improving the Cancer Journey, carers support, physical activities, art classes, support groups and more.
Join the conversation
Cancer Support Scotland
Complementary therapy and counselling services are provided in partnership with Cancer Support Scotland, who provide emotional and practical support on a one-to-one basis to anyone affected by cancer including family, friends and carers.
Cancer Support Scotland is a registered Scottish charity (SC012867)
Annual Report 2018
Read our 2018 Annual Report