COVID-19 Club Communication
Go Again Club Video
Create a video to communicate with your members.Go Again Club Video
Go Again Information Sheet
Create an information sheet to communicate with club members.Go Again Information Sheet
Lockdown has placed an extra strain upon communication methods used by sports clubs to keep in touch with volunteers and members.
Many clubs have been able to stay in touch with members in a number of ways through social media and online sessions, some great examples can be seen here
The restart of sport will require clear communication across sports clubs and organisations to ensure that recommendations are implemented and that people can enjoy playing the sport they love in a safe environment.
If resources allow, clubs may benefit from appointing a Club Coronavirus Coordinator to provide a lead with regards to current policy for COVID-19, its implications for your club and how this is implemented within your day to day delivery. This person would:
- Lead on discussions with local authority or facility provider before, during and after initial activities.
- Circulate risk assessments with all coaches and leaders, available to members online. Templates can be made available to club leaders.
- Add additional signage on own facilities on toilets and regarding hygiene.
- Communicate the current guidelines using posters with simple wording and clear messaging. Posters may be available from your National Governing Body or Local Authority.
- Establish the clubs Go Again Plan for a safe return to club training and competition.
- To ensure the club have an appropriate registration system in place that has up to date contact details for all members and an accurate list of attendees should track and trace be required.
- Oversee all activity from participants arriving to departing, ensuring all guidance is being adhered to.
- Answer questions from members, parents and stakeholders on Covid-19 in relation to club activity.
- Establish a club booking facility if required and ensure that records are kept with regards to those attending sessions as required within contact tracing requirements.
- Communicate with leaders and coaches to ascertain availability times for activity, prior to creating any booking slots.
When your club is Ready to Go Again, a short club video and information sheets are a good way to communicate with your members. Click on the relevant button for examples and a guide on how to make these as effective as possible.