Social Distancing in Sport
Get your Facility fit for Sport
Sportscotland guide to having your facility ready to Go Again.Sportscotland Facility Guide
Social Distancing in your Sport
Guidance from National Governing Bodies on recommended Social Distancing Guidelines within your Sport.NGB Guidance on Social Distancing
Social distancing measures are steps taken to reduce social interaction, helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Government advice on social distancing applies to everyone and you should take steps to minimise opportunities for the virus to spread by keeping a distance of 2m between individuals.
Social Distancing Tips for Clubs - Helpful guidance across sport for clubs.
The delivery of sport and physical activity will require changes in light of social distancing guidelines. Prior to restarting club activity you should carry out a risk assessment of all club activity taking into account guidelines and recommendations around social distancing and current public health advice. Some key considerations for clubs planning to restart activity should include:
- If using a facility other than your own, familiarise yourself with the social distancing guidelines for using that facility and communicate to your members.
- Updating risk assessments to include the risk of infection from COVID-19 and procedures around this.
- Clear Health and Safety procedures and points of contact to lead actions and liaise with club volunteers and members. This should include the club's response to any suspected infection.
- Clear communication plan to club volunteers and members on steps taken and guidance to follow.
- Reduction of congestion points within a facility or space. Action should be taken to reduce the number of people who can come into contact with one another.
- Reduction in the sharing of equipment. Action should be taken to reduce the sharing of equipment and potential spread of the virus.
- Cleaning of club facilities, shared areas and equipment should be planned and coordinated.
Based around all of the checks above, you may decide that currently you may need to change where and how you deliver your sports club to comply with social distancing rules such as hosting sessions outside or significantly modifying your rules of activities to comply with regulations.
If you require documents in large print, braille, or audio versions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org