Benefits of being active
Being active is an important part of living well, not only does it help our physical health but our mental health too. Leading a more active lifestyle has been proven to help us feel confident, stay healthy and reduce stress. It is also the most effective cure for depression and anxiety.
There are lots of benefits to being activity including;
- Reduced risk of some diseases including heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
- Reduced risk of physical health problems as our bodies adapt to stress.
- Healthier organs.
- Healthier bones.
- Healthier weight.
- More energy.
- Improved sleep.
Mental well-being benefits:
- Reduced anxiety and happier moods.
- Reduced feelings of stress.
- Clearer thinking.
- A greater sense of calm.
- Increased self-esteem.
- Reduced risk of depression.
- Making friends and connecting with people.
- Reduced isolation
- Having fun.
- Challenging stigma and discrimination.