The easiest way to donate is via our secure donation site.Donate online
For more information
Contact us to find our more about supporting our work.
0141 276 9515
Glasgow Life is a charitable organisation that seeks to inspire the city’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning. We can do more with your support.
We currently provide 22 sporting facilities, including the new Emirates Arena, 33 Libraries and 10 Museums and Art Galleries. In 2011/12 our services saw an incredible 16.8 million attendances.
Here are just some of the ways that Glasgow Life is working to improve the lives of Glasgow’s citizens and visitors:
- in 2011 to 2012 we provided 270,000 free swims to children and senior citizens
- our Museums supported 282 volunteers to carry out 44,000 hours of volunteering activity
- more than 11,000 people attended computer classes at Glasgow Libraries
- we ran a wide range of cultural events including Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Mela, Merchant City Festival and Aye Write!
- all our museums are free to visit — last year we recorded almost 3.5 million attendances
- we provide a ground breaking, community exercise programme in selected Glasgow Clubs called Active After Breast Cancer
- Glasgow Sport supported, trained and developed over 180 students last year through volunteering opportunities allowing them to deliver sport in local communities, schools, clubs or within their own college or university
Please make a donation today
Could help more callers to the RNIB Helpline access the advice and support they need to live their lives independently.
Could help produce a book in Braille for a child with sight loss, sparking their imagination and enabling them to explore magical stories, like other children of their age.
Could help train a new sight loss adviser to provide vital support for those diagnosed with sight loss.
It’s great that babies can sign up for a library card. Reading is so important — it gets you on in life. I’d read all the time if I could and I think my husband will be really involved with reading to the triplets — he always gets the fun jobs!”
Service User, Drumchapel Library