Terms and conditions
Before completing your nomination for any of the categories in the Sports Person of the Year Award 2015, please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice below
Terms & Conditions
- The Sports Person of the Year 2015 is organised by Glasgow Life on behalf of Glasgow City Council and these terms and conditions govern the nomination and award processes.
- Nominations can be made:
2.1. by email, or
2.2. by post.
- Please note all nominations, whether email or by post, must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 20th November 2015.
- Nominations must be made by a nominator (a “Nominator”) on behalf of another person. Individuals may not nominate themselves. Nominators should be 12 years and over.
- Where a Nominator of the person who they are nominating (a “Nominee”) is under the age of 12, the Nominator’s or Nominee’s parent or legal guardian must provide consent.
- A panel of representatives from various bodies will select all winners from all categories with exception of the Lord Provost Award which will be chosen by the Lord Provost. The panel will include: The Lord Provost, The Chair of Glasgow Life, representatives from Glasgow Sport, Education, sportscotland, Evening Times (Media Partner), University of Strathclyde (Sponsor) and Sports Council for Glasgow (the “Panel”).
- In considering nominations, the Panel will look for information on achievements from 20th November 2014 – 20th November 2015.
- The Panel’s decision as to winners is final. No correspondence relating to the awards process will be entered into.
- Nominators may submit nominations in as many categories as they wish.
- Please reference all awards category criteria to ascertain eligibility to qualify for nomination and on which Nominees will be shortlisted and winners selected,
- By submitting a nomination, Nominators confirm their consent to the processing their personal details and that the necessary consents for the Nominees have been obtained (including parent or legal guardian permissions in accordance with clause 5 above).
- Glasgow Life may contact by telephone and/or email, the Nominator and the Nominee (his/her parent or legal guardian, where applicable) to verify facts and/or events and whether the relevant consents have been obtained. This should not be interpreted as anything other than an information gathering exercise.
- The shortlisted nominees will be expected to be present at the awards ceremony on Friday 19th February 2016 at Glasgow City Chambers as advised by Glasgow Life’s organising team.
- Shortlisted Nominees and winners hereby agree to take part in any pre and post award publicity and photography shoots if required.
- The Award Prize will consist of a Trophy.
- Glasgow Life, if required by Glasgow City Council, reserves the right to:
16.1 vary these terms, including but not limited to opening and closing times of the award nominations;
16.2 disqualify any nominations that breach these terms and conditions;
16.3 cancel or vary the awards or any of the selection processes of criteria, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- Glasgow Life and Glasgow City Council do not accept any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any nomination not being properly submitted.
- Glasgow Life is responsible for the collection and processing of personal information as part of the nomination process and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- As part of the judging process, Glasgow Life will share Nominees’ personal information with the Panel. The Panel will only use the information for the purposes of deciding winners and will keep it secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Nominators (by submitting a nomination) and Nominees (upon accepting their nomination) hereby certify that they understand and accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Email and Postal Nominations
Email entries: SportHQAdminHub@glasgowlife.org.uk
Sports Person of the Year Awards 2015,
Admin Hub 1,
220 High Street,
Glasgow G4 0QW
Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
Culture and Sport Glasgow (the legal entity which operates as ‘Glasgow Life’) is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. It collects and holds information about nominations for the Sports Person of the Year Awards 2015 (“the Awards”).
This notice describes how the information you provide may be used and disclosed and how you and your nominee(s) can get access to this information.
What Culture and Sport Glasgow Will Use the Data Provided For?
The information you provide on the Awards nomination form will be used by Culture and Sport Glasgow for the purposes of administering the Awards and those further purposes set out below. Your information and the information you provide about the person(s) you are nominating (including contact details) will not be used for any purpose other than the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
- For the purposes of administering the Awards programme including contacting nominators and nominees (or Parent/Carers of nominees where applicable)
- For the purposes of shortlisting nominees for the selection panel
- For the purposes of promoting and publicising the Awards online and offline
- For the purposes of awarding winners at the Awards ceremony
The Awards nomination form asks for personal details about you and your nominee(s). By giving this information you consent to Culture and Sport Glasgow using this to process your nomination(s). By giving nominee(s) information, you also confirm you have obtained the permission of the nominee(s) (or his/her parent or carer, where the nominee is under 12) to your nomination.
Culture and Sport Glasgow may contact you and/or your nominee(s) (or their parent or carer, where the nominee is under 12) to verify the nomination information provided. Culture and Sport Glasgow will contact your nominee(s) (or their parent or carer, where the nominee is under 12) to obtain any necessary permissions from them. This should not be interpreted as anything other than a verification exercise for the Award process. If we do not collect some or all of this information, we may not be able to consider your nominee(s) for the Awards. If your nominee(s) (or their parent or carer, where the nominee is under 12) does not provide Culture and Sport Glasgow with confirmation that they have consented to your nomination, we will not be able to consider your nominee(s) for the Awards
If the person you nominate is shortlisted for the Awards, Culture and Sport Glasgow may use the details you have provided to contact you. We may need to collect further information from you about you and/or your nominees. If we do not collect some or all of this information, we may not be able to consider your nominee(s) for the Awards.
The winners’ name(s) (along with the names of those nominating them) and photograph(s) may also be published in the Awards programme, local and regional media (both in print and online formats), Culture and Sport Glasgow’s website, Glasgow City Council’s website and/or social media platforms. This is not an exclusive list as other forms of publicity may also be used by Culture and Sport Glasgow to promote the Awards and to promote any future Sports Person of the Year Awards held or promoted by Culture and Sport Glasgow.
Who Culture and Sport Glasgow Will Share Data With?
The data supplied by you will be shared with Culture and Sport Glasgow’s approved awards selection teams, judging panels and the Award organising and administration teams.
Winners’ data will also be used in event publicity, Culture and Sport Glasgow and Glasgow City Council publications (both in print and online formats) and Culture and Sport Glasgow and Glasgow City Council’s websites. This is not an exclusive list as other forms of publicity may also be used by Culture and Sport Glasgow to promote the Awards and future Awards programmes.
Culture and Sport Glasgow will not disclose the information provided to you other than as set out in this privacy notice, except where required to do so by law or with your or your nominee(s) explicit consent.
How Long Culture and Sport Glasgow Will Retain Your Data?
Any personal information provided by you will be retained by Culture and Sport Glasgow for the duration of the Awards administration process and no longer, except with your or your nominee(s) explicit consent.
Unsuccessful nominations will be retained until after the completion of the Awards but not beyond 31st January 2016.
Where to Find Further Information
Your details and the information you provide about the person(s) you are nominating will be held securely and processed in accordance Culture and Sport Glasgow’s Data Protection Policy which can be found which can be found at the following link:
All processing of the information provided by you will be carried out in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You/your nominee(s) are entitled to access a copy of the information we hold about you/our nominee(s) and the right to object to its processing. Any application to access information we hold about you or your nominee(s) or object to the processing of that information should be made in writing to:
Sports Development Officer (SPOTY 2015),
1000 London Road,