Young Person's Guarantee
Interested in learning more?
To register or refer a young person please email:
Funded and supported volunteering placements for young people in Glasgow.
We are currently recruiting young people aged 16 - 25 years to participate.
Working with our partners Glasgow Council Voluntary Sector (GCVS), Glasgow Life are proud to offer funded and supported volunteering placements for young people who often face barriers.
Recognising that some individuals are not yet ready for a work placement it offers an opportunity to develop confidence, skills and experience to move onto a positive destination. Designed to match personal interests, priorities, skills and experience, there is a wide range of opportunities to choose from across the city.
Benefits & Support
- Support from Glasgow Life Youth Key Worker to understand your needs, find and engage with a suitable volunteering opportunity
- Additional support from the host organisation
- Access to training
- Specialist support (where relevant)
The programme is open to all young people who are:
- Aged 16—24
- Live within Glasgow City Council boundary
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Unemployed (not in full time education)
- About to leave school without a positive destination
- School leavers without a positive destination
- In low paid employment
- At risk of redundancy
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination
- Without qualifications at SCQF 5 or above
Funded by the Scottish Government, the programme runs until March 2022
Interested in hosting a volunteer placement?
Please visit https://www.gcvs.org.uk/services/young-persons-guarantee/ for more information.
If you require documents in large print, braille, or audio versions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org