Our 2014 Annual Report
is now available to read online. We hope that this report shows the real difference that our programme is making to the lives of those affected by cancer in Glasgow.
Glasgow Libraries are working with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide a network of Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Services in local communities.
Find out about the Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service at your local library here.
Our Partnership will eventually operate in 33 libraries and 2 leisure centres across the city, providing anyone affected by Cancer with information, emotional support and access to other services including complementary therapies, counselling and benefits advice.
Our Drop-In Centres
If you're affected by cancer you may want to know there's someone you can turn to for help. Someone who can help find answers to your questions, whatever they may be.
If you want to find information, support and practical help or would just like someone to talk to, come along to one of our Macmillan Information and Support Services. You can talk through issues and concerns with our staff and trained volunteers.
- Offer you a listening ear, time to talk and meet others affected by cancer
- Help you find the information you need on living with all aspects of cancer
- Arrange free counselling appointments held locally*
- Arrange free complementary therapy appointment held locally*
- Refer you to your local Macmillan Benefits Advisor
- Guide you to good quality internet sites for cancer information & support
- Help you sign up to MOVEmore - Macmillan physical activity programme within your local area
We are currently recruiting for Macmillan Information & Support Volunteers Find out more.
* Provided by Cancer Support Scotland
Cancer Support Scotland
Complementary therapy and counselling services are provided in partnership with Cancer Support Scotland, who provide emotional and practical support on a one-to-one basis to anyone affected by cancer including family, friends and carers.
Cancer Support Scotland is a registered Scottish charity (SC012867)