The Burrell Collection Renaissance – Find out more!
Meet the team and see our plans to refurbish the Burrell Collection.
Wed 29 March 2017
Pollok Civic Realm, 27 Cowglen Rd, Glasgow G53 6EQ
Sat 1 April 2017
Pollokshaws Library, 50/60 Shawbridge St, Glasgow G43 1RW
Housing some of the world’s finest treasures, ambitious plans to improve the visitor experience are now underway for the Burrell to become a:
- Proud local museum
- Inspirational international museum
- Accessible museum
- Sustainable museum
- Connected museum
- 21st century museum
With information sessions at Pollok Civic Realm and Pollokshaws Library, you will have the opportunity to see how the Burrell Renaissance Project will deliver:
- Increased public space for display and amenities
- Access to all of William Burrell’s Collection
- Easier and more direct access in and out the building
- Easier and more coherent access around the building
- A bespoke learning and community wing
- A new large special exhibition and indoor events space
- Provision of two Changing Places facilities and more toilet provision throughout
- An expanded café with an outdoor terrace
- Indoor and outdoor picnics spaces
- Disabled drop off point and closer disabled parking
- Flexible external events space to support large and small events
- An early years outdoor playscape next to the new café terrace
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our sessions.
With the doors closed to The Burrell Collection for a while we are pleased to present:
Burrell at Kelvingrove
A series of changing displays featuring some of The Burrell Collection at Kelvingrove Art at Gallery & Museum that will allow you to continue to enjoy this stunning collection. During the refurbishment, Burrell at Kelvingrove will give you an insight into treasures from the collection, and an opportunity to help shape the redisplay of the collection and visitor facilities at the Burrell.
The first exhibition Burrell at Kelvingrove: Joseph Crawhall will display 23 works by the leader of the Glasgow Boys, Joseph Crawhall, from 24 October 2016 – July 2017.