Glasgow Life ticket purchase policy
Ticket Purchase Policy
Note: The following are the rules or "Terms" that govern use of the Glasgow Life Tickets Website ("Site").
By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site.
Glasgow Life Tickets box office (“Us” or “We”) is a primary ticket agent, part of Glasgow Life selling tickets for events via the Site; via the telephone booking line 0141 353 8000 or via the box office counter service, manned by Glasgow Life staff, on behalf of a promoter or event organiser hiring a Glasgow Life venue or event space.
“Glasgow Life” is the trading name for Culture and Sport Glasgow, a company which is a Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity Number SC037844) incorporated under the Companies Acts (Company Number SC313851) and having its Registered Address at Commonwealth House, 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH.
1. Tickets are for personal use. You or anyone in your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) tickets. Breach of this condition may result in ticket cancellation without prior notification, refund, compensation, or liability.
2. The price of the tickets plus any fees shall be confirmed at the time your order is accepted. All advertised prices are inclusive of any applicable taxes and a per ticket booking fee (where applicable) but exclusive of any transaction or fulfilment fee(s), which would be added during the ticket purchase.
3. Fees are non-refundable.
4. A contract for the purchase of tickets is formed as soon as your payment has been processed and will expire after the event for which you purchased the tickets takes place, subject to payment card verification and security checks by the card payment processing company acting on behalf of Us.
5. If any error relating to the ticket price is discovered after an order has been made you will be informed as soon as possible. Your original order may be cancelled (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any applicable fees paid) or you will be given the option to confirm a new order at the corrected price plus any applicable fees. This will apply regardless of human error or any transactional malfunction of the hosted website or other operated system acting on behalf of Us.
6. If you order more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, or household, the full order or specific tickets within the order may be subject to cancellation. You will be refunded the ticket price plus any applicable fees paid.
7. If you claim a concession ticket, photographic proof of identity and/or concession entitlement (e.g., age or student status) may be required. Concessions and discounts are subject to availability and only one concession/discount is applicable per ticket. The concession/discount may be restricted to a specific price and/or event and can be withdrawn without prior notice.
8. During online booking, if a special feature is applicable to a seat, the screen will display that information. This includes but is not limited to accessible and personal assistant positions or seats with a restricted view. Purchase of such tickets indicates acceptance of such features. If you purchase accessible tickets but do not have accessible assistance requirements, you may be refused entry on the night of the event.
9. You must inform Us of any change of mobile or phone number or email address and/or postal address, both before and after receipt of the tickets and before the event for which you purchased tickets, takes place. Our contact details are listed below in the General section paragraph 59. Email is the preferred method of communication so please provide a valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat outgoing emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder therefore your settings may require to be adjusted.
10. Tickets may not be reissued if they are lost, stolen, or destroyed.
11. Before finalising your order, please read all the information that applies to the event and ticket purchase. If you or anyone in your party has specific requirements, please raise this when booking and we will endeavour to assist you. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the Event.
12. Our Ticket Purchase Policy does not cover any ticket purchases from third party agents, who may have been allocated tickets by the promoter for the same event. If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase of tickets from a third-party agent, you must contact them directly.
Reissue / Exchange
13. To protect security measures at venues it may not be possible to reissue a ticket. A reissue will only be issued for a reserved seated event at the discretion of the box office manager or supervisor on duty. If an electronic or paper ticket is reissued, only the most recent version will be valid, and previous tickets will become void and entry not permitted. The charge to reissue a ticket is £1.00 per ticket. Tickets for standing/general admission /unreserved seated events cannot be reissued under any circumstances.
14. Ticket exchanges will only be permitted under specific circumstances for Glasgow Life promoted events e.g., Celtic Connections, Aye Write and at the discretion of the festival manager. If a ticket exchange is permitted, the charge to issue a new event ticket is £1.00 per ticket.
15. Glasgow Life Gift Vouchers are valid for 24 months from the original date of purchase. They can be purchased online, by telephone or in-person and can then be redeemed against an event being sold by us via the Site. The date of expiry on the Glasgow Life Gift Voucher cannot be amended and once an expiry date has passed, Glasgow Life Gift Vouchers cannot be accepted for payment and become void. Glasgow Life Gift Vouchers are treated as cash and cannot be replaced should they become lost.
Ticket Dispatch & Delivery
16. Ticket(s) may be dispatched to you electronically or by regular post or made available for collection at the venue box office. We will try to dispatch ticket(s) to you promptly by the dispatch method agreed at the time of booking, but we may, where reasonable, make ticket(s) available for collection at the box office instead of posting them to you if: a) emailing an electronic ticket or the dispatch of a paper ticket is impractical due to timing or adverse circumstances (e.g., mail strikes/ system malfunction); or b) necessary for reasons of identification; or c) ticket(s) have not been delivered to your email address or lost in the post. d) we are otherwise unable to email or post ticket(s) to you for any reason. e) you will be notified by email, text or phone using the contact details provided by you if this becomes necessary.
17. If you selected electronic ticket(s), your ticket(s) will be delivered to the email address you have registered on your customer account. Your e-ticket(s) must be presented on a mobile or tablet device or printed out by you before arriving at the venue. If printed, your e-ticket(s) must be printed on plain A4 paper. Printing will be your responsibility. Unauthorised duplication of your e-ticket(s) may prevent your admittance to the event. The venue management team reserves the right to refuse entry if unauthorised duplicate ticket(s) are presented at the venue and this will also render your original e-ticket(s) null and void.
18. Paper ticket(s) will be delivered to the billing address of the lead customer’s credit or debit card if the fulfilment option with postage is your dispatch choice.
19. We cannot specify the dates on which you will receive ticket(s). If you do not inform Us of the non-receipt of ticket(s) within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) We will have no liability to you.
20. If ticket(s) sent by post are returned to Us marked "addressee gone away", "addressee unknown" or similar words indicating that you do not reside at the address, We will try to contact you using the contact details provided by you and/ or your tickets may be made available for collection at the box office counter.
21. To collect ticket(s) at the box office counter, the cardholder must present their booking confirmation email or unique order number as identification. Other identification or letters authorising collection may not be accepted and the ticket(s) may be withheld at the box office counter.
22. Always check your email booking confirmation and ticket(s) upon receipt and advise Us immediately of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected on the day of an event, and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation, reschedule or postponement of an Event
23. Ticket(s) cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased unless an event is cancelled, rescheduled or where a material change to the event as set out in this Ticket Purchase Policy. A material change to the event is a change in our reasonable opinion, makes the event materially different to the event that you could reasonably expect.
24. We will try to contact you as soon as a change or cancellation of any event is known but cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event. Contact will usually be made by email to you. In urgent cases or very short notice it may be by text message and/or telephone.
25. We will not be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
26. You must always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time, and venue.
27. If an event is rescheduled, changed, or moved, we will give you the option of retaining your ticket(s) for the new date and/or venue. If you cannot attend a new date, you will be refunded the ticket price excluding any fees paid.
28. If an event is cancelled, you will be refunded the ticket price excluding any fees paid.
29. Unless an event is cancelled, rescheduled postponed or materially changed, tickets are non-refundable.
30. If you are entitled to a refund as per paragraph 27 and 28, where the original booking was made using a credit or debit card, the amount due to you, will be refunded to the respective card. If the original payment was made by cash, cheque or any other method, the refund will be sent to you as a cheque or bank transfer (if appropriate).
31. No cash refunds will be issued.
32. Refunds will not be issued once an event has taken place due to your non-attendance at the event. If you do not attend, your tickets are made void.
33. This Ticket Purchase Policy shall not affect your consumer statutory rights.
Attending an Event
34. Venue management reserve the right to refuse you and/or anyone in your party entry in reasonable circumstances including but not limited to health and safety and/or licensing reasons or if a ticket is void.
35. Venue management also reserve the right to request that you and/or anyone in your party leave the venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may take appropriate action to enforce this right and you will not be entitled to any refund. By way of example includes but is not limited to the following circumstances.
a. If behaviour is likely to affect the enjoyment of other customers or visitors.
b. If threatening, abusive or insulting language or behaviour is displayed towards staff and/or other customers or in any way provokes a breach of the peace.
c. In the reasonable opinion of venue management, you are under the influence of drugs or have consumed excessive amounts of alcohol; or
d. Are carrying offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances; or
e. Are making unauthorised audio, video, or photographic recordings; or
f. Fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age or eligibility to a concession area; or
g. Are obstructing aisles, access-ways, exits, entrances or staircases, congregating in non-designated areas or seeking entry to seats or a standing area for which you or anyone in your party does not hold a ticket.
h. Large bags are not permitted in our venues (size A3 or larger. A3 dimensions are estimated at 29.7cm x 43cm). Smaller bags are permitted should they be required by the customer and will be searched on entry by our security team.
36. You must comply with directions and instructions given by venue staff.
37. If you arrive late for an event, you may be asked to wait until there is an appropriate pause in the performance before you can gain access to the event.
38. We will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to the event of which we are aware and consider particularly significant for you to attend the event. This will generally include but are not limited to, age restrictions. Full details of relevant terms, conditions or rules will be available on the event information page displayed on the Website.
39. When you receive your ticket(s) please check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age at the event if appropriate.
40. Whilst we allocate specific seats to you, we have the right to change these seats to others of equal value.
41. At standing events, venue management cannot accommodate any requests for seating. If you purchase a standing ticket, you will be required to stand for the duration of the event. You can purchase tickets for the accessible area if you require assistance with your mobility. Please be aware the accessible area is sold on a first come first served basis and has a limit on available spaces.
42. On rare occasions the event may be filmed or recorded, buying a ticket(s) affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend an event, please ask to speak to the venue management team on duty.
Accessible and Personal Assistant Tickets
43. A limited number of free personal assistant tickets may be made available to customers, requiring additional support because of an accessible requirement or long-term health condition, as defined by the Equality Act (2010).
44. The promoter or event organiser hiring our venue, will be consulted on the number of accessible and personal assistant tickets requested for their event.
45. By accepting this ticket, your personal assistant, must be aged over 16, and accepts responsibility for providing additional support required for you to access our venues and services, including in an emergency or evacuation situation and must be capable and available to provide this support throughout your visit.
46. Although support provided by young carers is recognised, our policy is that young people aged 15 and under must be supervised on our premises, and we must be confident that personal assistants can assist effectively in any emergency.
47. Where a child under 16 is presented as personal assistant we reserve the right to refuse the party admission.
48. Personal assistant tickets can only be booked alongside a paid accessible ticket.
49. A personal assistant cannot attend an event without the accessible customer attending the event. If a personal assistant is found in attendance at an event, without the accessible customer, the personal assistant will be refused admission or asked to leave the performance.
50. Please note that the venues operate Challenge 25 at the bars, and that if a personal assistant is aged 16 or 17 years, bar staff will not allow them to purchase alcohol on behalf of the accessible customer, they are supporting. 51. Personal assistant tickets can be returned at any time if they are no longer required, to enable the ticket to be used by other accessible customers, requiring additional support.
52. Anyone found to be misusing accessible tickets and/or personal assistant tickets may not be permitted into the venues for future performances.
53. For information on how we use information please see the Glasgow Life General Privacy Notice. glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/general-privacy-notice
54. If you buy a ticket(s) from Us for a performance by The Royal Scottish National Orchestra, or The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra or The Scottish Chamber Orchestra Your name, address and record of the ticket(s) purchased will be visible to the orchestra because there is a Data Sharing Agreement in place between Us and each orchestra for an event being performed by that orchestra and the orchestra will use your data for customer service and sales analysis purposes. You will be reminded of this process before entering payment details while purchasing your ticket(s).
55. Data for the purpose, in accordance with the terms of any Data Sharing Agreement will not be disclosed in a way that is incompatible with the purpose of the Data Sharing Agreement. Any processing of the Data shall be on a data controller to data controller basis. Data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with Data Protection Law and each Disclosing Party warrants to the other Party in relation to any Data disclosed, that such disclosure is justified by a Legal Basis.
56. Possession of a ticket(s) does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy, or otherwise deal with any symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket(s).
57. A ticket(s) cannot be used for advertising, promotions, contests, or sweepstakes unless formal written permission given by us, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of our trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to our prior consent.
58. You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any ticket(s) through unauthorised use of any robot, spider, or other automated device or any other illegal or unauthorised activity. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket(s) which we reasonably suspect to have been made in breach of these provisions without any notice to you and all ticket(s) in the order will be void.
59. You can contact us.
i. By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
j. By calling 0141 353 8000 Monday to Saturday from 09:00 – 17:00
k. In person at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 17:00 The opening hours may be subject to change on Public Holidays.
60. The purchase by you of ticket(s) and this Ticket Purchase Policy (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and Us are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.