The Robert Jeffrey Library is an outstanding collection of books which were donated to The Mitchell Library in 1902 by Robert Jeffrey of Crosslee House in Renfrewshire.
The terms of his bequest stipulated that all the books were to be kept together and they are now housed in the Edwardian splendour of The Jeffrey Room in the original part of the Library, which dates from 1911. The collection contains many examples of first editions, fine bindings and illustrated works.
The Jeffrey Room is not open to the public but may be hired for special events and meetings. A catalogue of the collection is available and any readers wishing to consult material should contact Special Collections.