Glasgow Life wellbeing information and support
Macmillan Cancer support and information for you.
If you or someone you care about has a cancer diagnosis, we're here to help. We provide cancer support and information in-person and by phone. Our service is available for those living with cancer or in recovery. We are also here for family, friends, carers or the bereaved.
Macmillan Cancer information and support services
Our volunteers offer lots of services, including:
- In-person support and information.
- Emotional, practical and financial support.
- Someone to talk to about how you are feeling.
- Free information about cancer. Including diagnosis, treatment and coping with cancer.
- Referrals to free therapies such as counselling, stress management and podiatry. With Cancer Support Scotland.
- Referral to your local Macmillan benefits adviser. They can help with financial worries.
- We can help you find local services such as Improving the Cancer Journey.
It's always rewarding to be able to make a difference
Why volunteer with us?
- We support the person with the cancer diagnosis as well as their friends, family and carers.
- This support started in Glasgow Libraries in 2012. Our Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Volunteers have donated over 50,000 hours.
- We offer emotional, practical and financial support and can help direct you to the right services for support.
- Volunteers provide emotional support and a listening ear.
Information for Professionals
How to make referrals to us for cancer support and information.
At Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries we provide free emotional, practical and financial support to anyone affected by cancer. We support people living with or beyond cancer, the family, friends or carers of someone with cancer, people who are bereaved, and people who are worried about cancer and have some questions.
We require the below information, with the person's permission, for us to contact them:
- Contact number
- Support required and/or how person is affected by cancer.
"I have found the referral process very fast and responsive and as a worker I've always been updated with the process. I have made referrals mostly over the phone to Macmillan at Glasgow Libraries which again has helped speed up the process."