Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries
Cancer support and information
Click To Be Contacted with Scotland's Service DirectoryNHS inform
Get in touch today for free cancer support and information
Cancer support and information for you
If you or someone you care about has been diagnosed with cancer, we're here to help. Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries offer a free and confidential service, providing emotional, practical and financial support to anyone who is affected by cancer.
So whatever cancer throws your way, we're here for you.
"The fact that I know I am not going through this on my own, and having someone to talk to other than my family when I am feeling anxious and a little down makes me feel better, and look forward to what the future holds"
Cancer support and information is now being provided over the phone and in 6 libraries with weekly, in-person appointments and drop-in services. We are here for anyone affected by cancer including people living with or beyond cancer, family, friends or carers, and people who are bereaved. Our dedicated team of Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Volunteers offer a wide-ranging service which includes:
- In-person and telephone support and information
- Regular and one-off emotional, practical and financial support
- A listening ear and someone to talk to about how you are feeling
- Free information about cancer including diagnosis, treatments and drugs and how to cope with the different ways cancer may impact your life
- Referrals to free holistic therapies such as counselling, stress management and podiatry with Cancer Support Scotland
- Appointments with your local Macmillan Benefits Adviser who can help with any financial worries, including help with benefits and housing issues
- Help to access a wide range of local services such as Improving the Cancer Journey, carers support, physical activity, help to quit smoking, bereavement support and more.
Read Robert's story on the support he received, and how we can support you too.