Want volunteer with a sports club?
Learn more about why you should get involved with volunteering at a Sports Club.Learn more about volunteering opportunities
If you have any questions about volunteering get in touch with our friendly staff
While lots people volunteering in sport today, started as a participant or a member of a club and progressed into a volunteering role. Many have no previous experience, qualifications or connections to the club or sport- they simply have an interest and willingness to get involved & help.
There are a wide range of volunteer roles/ opportunities available to suit individual’s interests, skills and time available.
People’s motivation to volunteer varies and tend to change, below are some of the reasons people tell us they volunteer:
- Enjoy meeting people and making new friends
- Use current skills to help community
- Good way to gain references
- Attend training courses & gain qualifications
- Learn new skills
- Build experience, put learning into action
- Enjoy the buzz and excitement of sporting events
- Support something their children are involved in
- Give something back to their community/ sport
- Looks good on University & College & job applications
- Make good use of spare time
- Have FUN!