Who should I contact for help?
Please contact Universal Support Service for more info.Gain4U
Book an appointment with us
Call us today to book in for a chat.
Talk to us about Universal Credit, we're here to help!
If you need to make a NEW CLAIM to one of the following benefits, you will need to claim Universal Credit.
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
What is Universal Credit?
Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in and out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now.
You will no longer get different payments from Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance, Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, Tax Credits and Housing Benefit.
If you are already claiming these benefits or tax credits you don’t need to do anything now. The Department for Work and Pensions will get in touch with you before there are any changes to your benefits or tax credits.
Universal Credit combines these amounts into one lump sum paid into your bank account on the same date each month.
Universal Credit is applied for and managed online at www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit
What do I need to claim Universal Credit?
- You (and your partner’s) National Insurance number, and proof of identity
- An email address and phone number
- A bank, building society, post office or credit union account
- Online access to make your claim and keep it updated
- Proof of how much rent and any service charges you pay
- Your landlord’s name and address
- Details of anyone that lives with you
- Details of any childcare costs you pay to a registered childcare provider
- Details of any savings
- Proof of any other income
- Proof of your wages
It is important that you have all these things when you make a claim for Universal Credit, otherwise you may have to wait longer until your first payment.
Universal Credit in Glasgow - all the info!.pdf
First published: 15 January 2019
Last updated: 15 January 2019
If you require documents in large print, braille, or audio versions please email: email@example.com