Club Training Booking Process
Please note we are currently not accepting applications.
Glasgow Life is pleased to be able to offer the opportunity to Scottish and British Cycling affiliated Clubs to hire the track at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome. Sessions will run on Sundays. The venue will not accept any emails with booking forms before this date.
The application process is by email only.
If you are interested in accessing one of these sessions:
2. Email in the completed Velodrome Club Enquiry Form with the sessions you are interested in in order of preference (maximum 3 preferences, you will be allocated 1 session depending on availability on a first-come-first-serve basis) to EmiratesArenaAdmin@glasgowlife.org.uk. You will need to provide your own, fully qualified track cycling coach (you will be required to provide details once you receive your Club Pack should you be successful in securing a date)
3. Our team will be in touch to acknowledge receipt of your enquiry. Submission of an enquiry does not secure a booking: only once a booking is confirmed by our team in writing, and full payment has been made, is a booking secured.
4. Please note that should you successfully secure a date, full payment of track hire will be required within 10 days of receipt of notification. Any equipment hire to be paid in full no less than 14 days prior to your allocated session. Failure to adhere to these terms will result in the cancellation of your Club Training Session.
Please note that these sessions are not part of the Glasgow Life pathway, and participation in any of these sessions will in no way qualify you , either partially, or wholly towards the accreditation process at the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome. In order to gain accreditation, you must register with Glasgow Life and follow our accreditation pathway. Find out more in our Getting Started section.
**Minimum height for hire bikes is 26" inside leg
|Junior (Age 10-15)
|Track Hire (2 hours including 30 minute coach orientation)
Please see below for information previously posted including things to consider when booking a Club Training Session
Things to prepare:
- Prioritise 3 Club Training Session dates and time slots from below (you will be allocated one of these on a first-come-first-serve basis)
- Secure Level 2 BC Track DSU Coach (facility will not be providing coaches) and have all valid documentation ready:
1. Valid Level 2 BC Track DSU Qualification Valid First Aid Certificate
2. Picture i.d. (if not on BC license)
3. We will keep coach information on file for 12 months
- Have Club Velodrome Application Form completed ready to send
- Have a look through our Code of Conduct and Ts&Cs and ensure that you can comply with our track etiquette
Things to Consider When Booking The Track For Club Training:
- These sessions are for training purposes only. We will not permit use of these sessions for track racing/ competitions. Anyone attempting to use the track in this way will be asked to leave and their club made ineligible for any future bookings
- Maximum number 30 with 15 on the track at any one time. Juniors are welcome on the track and should be aged 10-15
- There will be no option to hire or use start gates or dernys during Club Training Sessions
- These Club Training sessions are not part of the Glasgow Life pathway, and participation in any of these sessions will in no way qualify you , either partially, or wholly towards the accreditation process at the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome. In order to gain accreditation, you must register with Glasgow Life and follow our accreditation pathway here.