20 January 2020
Following consultation with customers and the local community, Glasgow Life will carry out planned improvement works to the pool area in Glasgow Club Scotstoun.
Beginning on Monday 23 March, the works will see major renovations to the facility, including a new modern poolside health suite, more lockers and storage space, and a renovated changing village.
In order to facilitate the work, the pool will be required to close to the public for an extended period, with the last date of public access to the pool on Sunday 22 March. The work will take around nine months to complete, and the new pool and wetside area will reopen to the public in late 2020.
Some areas of the car park will be used to facilitate the refurbishment, however the venue’s gym, fitness studios, café, sports halls, and tennis courts will be unaffected and will remain open throughout the work.
Learn to Swim customers will be contacted by swim co-ordinator and offered the opportunity to relocate or withdraw their membership for the duration of the refurbishment.
We understand this closure will be inconvenient for some of you, however please remember your Glasgow Club membership enables you to use any other pool in the city. For a full list of venues with pools, please click here.
However, we appreciate other venues may not be convenient for everyone. If you feel your membership will offer less than great value while improvements are being carried out to your local venue, please contact Customer Services on 0141 287 8931 (Monday-Friday 09:00-16:30 and Fridays 09:00-16:00) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
They’ll be happy to freeze your membership payment and you can still use the facilities on a Pay As You Go basis if you wish.
Thank you very much for your understanding while we work to make things better. We’ll keep you updated here as the refurbishment progresses.
Full details of planned improvements:
- Reconfigured wetside fully inclusive changing village including casual swim changing area and dedicated family/group changing
- New health suite with modern steam and sauna cabins, and new experience shower
- Changing Places facilities
- Separate disabled shower and changing room
- Over 200 new lockers operated with Glasgow Club RFID bands (coin option available)
- Dedicated pram/buggy lockers
- Private baby change room
- New showers for pre/post swim, and private showers
- Reconfigured pool depth
- New lighting, ventilation, and underfloor heating
- New air conditioning system