You can donate at the venue or online.Make A Donation Online
Pointhouse Place, Glasgow, G3 8RSView on map
We are open and delighted to welcome you back to Riverside Museum.
We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable. There are some changes we want to tell you about.
Tickets are FREE, but it is essential to pre-book in advance.
Book tickets HERE
- You now require a ticket to enter the museum. Tickets are FREE. You need to pre-book online, in advance, for your household for a specific date and time. This will provide a safe and enjoyable experience for you, by allowing us to manage numbers and maintain physical distancing.
- We are limiting the number of visitors coming into our museum during this time. We hope this will both reassure you and allow you to enjoy a special experience with our collections.
- Tickets will be released in two week blocks to give more opportunities to visit.
Keeping you safe
- Our visitor charter sets out the safety measures we have introduced to create a safe space and it highlights how you can help protect yourself and others while visiting the museum.
Information for your visit
- For information on opening hours, how to enter the museum, what's open, face coverings and more see our Museum FAQs.
On the day of your visit
- On arrival please enter doors facing the car park.
- Wear a face covering to stay safe and protect others. Guidance on face covering exemptions is available from the Scottish Government here.
- Please do not visit the museum if you, or any members of our household, has any symptoms of Coronavirus
- Your e-ticket will be checked on arrival so please have this ready.
- Please arrive as a group with the ticket holder in attendance to ensure we comply with Test and Protect
- Please maintain 2 metre physical distancing during your visit.
- There are no cloakroom facilities, restaurant/café, take away and retail within the building, however we will have catering outlets directly outside the Riverside Museum .
- We are unable to provide space for packed lunches at this time.
- Some smaller spaces and hands on displays will be closed off during your visit to allow hygiene and physical distancing measures to be maintained.
- Please observe signage in the venue and any one way routes that are in place.
- For more information and ways to enhance your visit please visit Glasgow Museums where floor maps can be downloaded.
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times to ensure physical distancing measures can be maintained.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitiser during your visit.
- We politely ask that you keep your visit to a maximum of 2 hours to ensure we can offer entry to as many visitors as possible
We're Good To Go
We have acquired VisitBritain’s Good to Go accreditation. This Industry Standard mark means Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum has followed government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, has completed a Risk Assessment and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and physical distancing.
Riverside Museum is Glasgow's award-winning transport museum. With over 3,000 objects on display there's everything from skateboards to locomotives, paintings to prams and cars to a Stormtrooper.
Get hands on with our interactive displays. Walk through Glasgow streets and visit the shops, bar and subway. Climb aboard a train, tram or bus and get a real feel for old public transport. Discover Glasgow's rich shipbuilding history, explore the car and motorbike walls and help put out a fire with our interactive fire engine.
There are over 90 large touch screens panels full of images, memories and films that tell the fascinating stories behind the objects. There really is something for all ages to enjoy at the Riverside Museum.
Visit the Riverside Museum online shop.
An accessible toilet is located on the right past reception. Another accessible toilet is located near the cafe area - there is level access to this accessible toilet.
Guide and assistance dogs are welcome and water bowls are available.
There is a hearing assistance system - the type of system is a portable loop. This venue does not play background music.
There is wheelchair and pram access to all public areas using the lifts and there are free wheelchairs available to hire at reception.
The cloakroom costs £1
The car park is managed by City Parking. Charges are as follows:
- 1 hour £1.60
- 2 hours £3.20
- 3 hours £4.80
- 4 hours £6.40
- 5 hours £8.00
- 10 hours £10.00
Mon-Sun 6pm-8am, £2 flat rate.
There are 12 spaces reserved for blue badge holders, free of charge with no time restrictions. There are designated parent and child spaces. For car park enquiries please contact 0141 276 1830.
Photography and video recording
At times, Glasgow Life will be on the premises to film and take photos.
View our menu.
The nearest Train station (PTK), Subway station and Bus station can all be found at the Partick transport hub, also known as the Partick Interchange, around 0.6 miles from the museum. There are signposted walking routes from there to the museum.
The lines for the train station run through the Low-Level platforms, at Glasgow Central (GLC) and Glasgow Queen Street (GLQ).
The closest Subway station to Glasgow Central is St Enoch’s.
The closest to Glasgow Queen Street is Buchanan Street.
The only buses that serve Riverside are:
Cycle parking is available at the west side of the museum.
EV Rapid charging station available in car park.
Please note: If you are coming into Glasgow by train and planning to use a PlusBus ticket, the 100 bus is not covered (nor the sightseeing buses).
The Next Bike bicycle hire scheme is also in operation around Glasgow, with locations to pick up and drop off around the city, including at the Riverside.
If you use a Taxi or private-hire car, there is a drop off point beside the car park. Disabled visitors can be dropped off at the front door, access is via the slip road barrier.
In case it is of use to anyone in your party, the AccessAble website has some useful accessibility information.
If using a Sat Nav for directions, we recommend you enter “The Riverside Museum” rather than the postcode.
Events and exhibits at Riverside Museum
Riverside Museum displays
Find out more about the display themes at Riverside Museum.