If you can't find the answer you need on this page, please contact our Fundraising Team on 0141 276 9515 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Glasgow Life is the Scottish registered charity (Charity No: SC037844) that manages all our fundraising campaigns, like Burrell Renaissance and Glasgow Museums.
Why donate to Glasgow Museums?
Glasgow Museums are free for everyone but we rely on the generous support of the many friends, donors and volunteers who enable us to care for our collections, offer visitors an inspirational experience and provide exceptional education services for thousands of people each year. Please help us to care for Glasgow’s important civic collections and ensure everyone has access to this important and rich heritage.
Glasgow Life is the Scottish registered charity (Charity No: SC037844) that manages all our fundraising campaigns, like Burrell Renaissance, Glasgow Museums, Aye Write, Celtic Connections and Glasgow Libraries.
How you can make a difference?
Every donation - no matter how large or small - makes an impact.
- £10 – helps reduce social isolation by supporting our work to bring together elderly people who live alone to enjoy a visit to the museum
- £25 – supports an hour of specialist conservation on the many thousands of historically important objects in the collections, preserving them for future generations to learn from
- £50 - buys art materials for our free annual holiday family workshops - helping young children develop their creativity and connect with the collections
- £75 – helps us to enhance interpretation and accessibility for visitors with additional needs including BSL videos and Autism Friendly workshops
- £100 – supports a storytelling session for families to enjoy together, promoting close inter-generational relations
- £250 – provides a primary school resource pack for pupils in P1 – P7
- £500 – provides those who cannot visit a museum to experience our Open Museums session by allowing us to host ‘the Museum without walls’ in a library, community centre or care home
- £1,000 - ensures our popular weekend family events remain free so that everyone in Glasgow can join in.
You can make a donation online here
If you want to find out more about how to become a regular supporter of Glasgow Museums please click here
Why not increase your donation by adding Gift Aid?
Adding Gift Aid increases your donation increases by 25%, at no extra cost to you. If you'd like to add Gift Aid to your donation, complete the Gift Aid section on our forms, and we'll do the rest.
Gift Aid allows UK charities to claim back the basic rate tax already paid on donations by the donor. By reclaiming tax from Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Gift Aid is a great way for you to help Glasgow Life maximise the value of its donations. That means Glasgow Life can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you donate. There is no extra cost to you.
How can I support Glasgow Life?
You can support Glasgow Life by donating online to:
- Burrell Renaissance
- Supporting Adventure at Kelvingrove
- Ship Model Catalogue
- Glasgow Museums appeals
- Your favourite Glasgow Museum
Please be assured that donating online is secure using our encrypted payment facility.
Or you can send a cheque for Burrell Renaissance payable to BURRELL RENAISSANCE - as we have a separate bank account for this Burrell project. Please download and complete one of our donation forms or attach a covering letter with your name and address details.
For all other donations, please make your cheque payable to GLASGOW LIFE with a covering letter with your name and address.
Send your cheque donation and letter/form to: The Development Team, 5th Floor, Glasgow Life, 220 High Street, Glasgow, G4 0QW.
All donations are greatly appreciated and they help us improve the lives of people in Glasgow. If you would like to make regular donations to any of our campaigns or appeals, please contact the Fundraising Team at email@example.com or call 0141 276 9515 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
Can I decide where my donations goes?
Yes, you can. You can decide to donate to one of the campaigns above or donate to your favourite museum:
For any other kind of donation, give us a call on 0141 276 9515 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I make a donation as a gift from a friend or relative?
If you would like to make a donation on behalf of a friend or relative, please contact our Fundraising Team on 0141 276 9515 or email email@example.com with all the details about the donation.
How can I change the way Glasgow Life contacts me?
When you give a donation to Glasgow Life, we think it’s really important to let you know how you have helped and keep you updated on our work. Therefore, you might receive a mailing or email from us with information about our work.
If you want to change the way that we contact you, please fill out our communications preference form or call us on 0141 276 9515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I give to Glasgow Life through my Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) account?
Unfortunately, we can't take online CAF donations but you can send a CAF cheque/voucher with your name and address on it to the Fundraising Team at Glasgow Life, 220 High Street, Glasgow, G4 0QW. Please make your CAF cheque/voucher payable to:
- Burrell Renaissance, or
- Glasgow Life
How do I change my address?
Please let us know as soon as you change address by calling the Fundraising Team on 0141 276 9515 or emailing email@example.com