Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know for a great day out at the Worlds
Friday 18 and Saturday 19 August on Glasgow Green.
Friday - Gate opening time for all ticket holders is 8am. Saturday - Gate opening time is 7am.
These are also the times when the Box Offices will be open for anyone wishing to purchase tickets on the day.
Friday's competition programme is expected to begin at 10.30am.
Saturday's competition programme is expected to begin at 9am.
Yes, a wide variety of catering will be available on site.
You are not permitted to bring your own alcohol; however, a licensed bar will be available on site from 11am both days.
The programme includes pipe band competition from several grades across the day of play. There will also be a variety of caterers and traders onsite selling souvenirs, gifts and Worlds merchandise.
If you do bring dogs to the event we would ask that you follow the guidelines below:
- Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after dogs so please remember to bring your own bags
- You may be asked to leave the event if you do not keep your dog under control
- Dogs should not be left unattended in vehicles
Yes. The Friday event will be available to watch at theworlds.co.uk
Saturday livestream is available at bbc.com/worlds
All e-tickets will be sent on Monday 14 August. If you haven’t received your e-ticket by Tuesday 15 August please get in touch with the Box Office team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any item that could be considered a weapon, including multi-tools:
- Barbeques and other cooking devices
- Portable laser equipment
- Laser pens
- Gas or smoke devices
- Air horns
- Spray paint cans
- Aerosols over 250ml
- Sound systems
- Unofficial tabards and reflective jackets
- Umbrellas within the Grade 1 seating area
All of the above items are not allowed into the arena and will be confiscated upon entry. This list is for information and guidance however, it is not exhaustive, any items deemed inappropriate by the event organisers may be subject to confiscation. Any person in possession of prohibited items may be refused admission or removed from the event.
Tickets can be purchased from our onsite Box Offices. These are at The People’s Palace and Charlotte Street. On Saturday there is a further Box Office at Saltmarket.
There are no cash machines on site at the event so we ask you to come prepared . The closest cash machines are:
- Shopsmart - 95 Saltmarket, Glasgow G1 5LE
- Morrisons - 5 Barrack St, Glasgow G4 0TZ
- Tesco Express - 6-7, Merchant Building, High St, Glasgow G1 1NL
Yes we have a water station on site. Please bring a refillable bottle with you, but this must be empty when you arrive at the gates.