Annual Art Competition
Follow us for news and updates@Museum_Learning
0141 276 9505 / 9506
Glasgow Museums Annual Art Competition for children was first established in 1904 and continues to this day.
The 2020 competition will open for entries in January 2020.
To take part you simply have to visit any one of Glasgow’s museums*. Visits are free of charge, and children always enjoy the opportunity to choose their own favourite thing to draw!
From Egyptian artefacts to Victorian transport and contemporary art to medieval armour, our collections have something to inspire all ages and interests. And remember, you can visit any of our museums to draw…so why not visit the Riverside Museum and tie it in with your STEM learning, or be inspired by Mackintosh’s designs for Scotland Street School Museum?
How does the art competition work?
- Drawing must be done in-situ, at one of our museums.
- Artworks can be created using any drawing materials, size A2 or smaller but must be done on paper. Paints (water-based) are permitted at Kelvingrove Museum and the Riverside Museum only.
- Bring your own materials and hand the work in at the Enquiry Desk before you leave.
- Remember to include the child’s name, stage at school and school name on the back. Please write clearly! A blank label can be picked up from most museum enquiry desks.
- School groups taking part must book in advance by calling the number below.
- Entries are judged within age bands and medal winners will be invited to an award ceremony in Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in the autumn.
For further information call 0141 276 9505/06 (midweek only) or email email@example.com
*Glasgow Museums are:
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum; St Mungo Museum of Religious Life & Art; People’s Palace; Provand’s Lordship; Gallery of Modern Art; Riverside Museum; Scotland Street School Museum; Glasgow Museums Resource Centre and Kelvin Hall.
Why not browse our on-line gallery to view the 2019 Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners?
View the Gold 2019 Gallery
View the Silver 2019 Gallery
View the Bronze 2019 Gallery