Partner Information Sharing Event
Glasgow’s European Capital of Sport 2023 Partner Information Sharing event took place at the Emirates Arena, Monday 16th Jan welcoming a vast array of partners to celebrate Glasgow making history by becoming the first city to be named European Capital of Sport twice. The event provided an opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to our invaluable partners – the people and organisations without whom this accolade would not have been possible. The event offered an insight into how sport is changing lives in Glasgow – through school, community, and health-focused initiatives.
The audience heard from a cross section of organisation instrumental in developing and delivering wide ranging sport and physical activity to the people of Glasgow and who have been taking steps to make group level change to the health and wellbeing of communities across the city. Presentation was delivered from
- Drumchapel Community Sport Hub – The audience was inspired by the impact sport and physical activity has had in Drumchapel over the last two decades, how the focus has shifted from sport to changing lives and how the year ahead can act as a catalyst for further success.
- basketballscotland/ Easterhouse Community Sport Hub Partnership – Partners learned about how their work improves the lives of underrepresented groups in the east end of Glasgow and the ambition for the newly established Easterhouse Community Sports Hub Partnership who will use the European Capital of Sport, as a platform to deliver positive change in Easterhouse through the re - introduction of local, accessible, and affordable opportunities to take part in sport and physical activity.
- Active Schools, Glasgow Education Services – Partners discovered how School Sport is vital to improving the lives of children and young people within the cities network of schools.
- European Capital of Sport Funding – Phase 2 Fixed amount of £750 to support projects taking place between July and December 2023. Applications open on 1st April and close on 8th May 2023. Tell us your idea coming soon.
- Question + Answer Panel - A interactive panel discussion took place welcoming community organisation members from Scottish Sports Futures, Alliance Scotland, Govan Neighbourhood Project, and Connect Community Trust to reflect on how they use physical activity to change lives within communities.
The end of the evening presented an information sharing opportunity for partners to network, engage with presenters, like minded organisations and Glasgow Sport staff to support, celebrate and say thank you to our partners for their commitment and contribution to creating opportunities and changing lives.