Glasgow Museums Online - find out more!
Just like you, everyone at Glasgow Museums is trying to figure out how we make the most of this radical new way of living. We’re sure you’ll agree it’s not all easy.
Millions of people enjoy visiting our museums, taking part in activities, listening to talks and learning a little about our amazing collection. While our venues are closed we’re working hard to create online versions of some of the fun activities and engaging programmes you normally do inside a Glasgow museum.
Every day, Monday to Friday, we’ll share an object, story, picture or creative idea on our social channels. Some of you will already follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels. Others, like some of our team, are discovering the world of social media for the first time – if that’s you we’d encourage you to give it a go. Glasgow Museums is a great way to tip your toe in the water.
Looking for family friendly inspiration – check out Glasgow Museums, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and Riverside's Facebook & Twitter daily at 2pm
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday – ever wondered just how many objects we have in our collection? We’ve a staggering 1.6m, now that’s definitely enough to keep us going for a while. We’ll share an interesting fact and set you a challenge – draw, design or doodle your interpretation and share it with us, we dare you!
- Wednesday – Microphones at the ready. Enjoy a Toddler's Tale singalong with one of our friendly Learning and Access team, and let us know if you have any requests.
- Friday – Aprons on! It’s almost the weekend and time to get messy. Take part in our online Art Class – rocket ships, pirate maps, underwater creatures, each week we’ll guide you through a family, crafty activity.
Instagram is an incredible way to show you more of our collections.
Glasgow Museums on Instagram daily at 2pm
- Monday – Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
- Tuesday - GoMA
- Wednesday – Kelvingrove Museum
- Thursday - Riverside Museum
- Friday – Open Museum
- Monday – Did You Know?
- Tuesday – Burrell Blog
- Wednesday – Beautiful Burrell
- Thursday – Throwback Thursday
- Friday – Behind the Scenes
- Weekdays - enjoy a eclectic walk through Glasgow's history with interesting stories from with out Archive collections
- Saturday & Sunday - Step back in time and uncover the History of Civic Government in Glasgow including the development of the Early Burgh of Glasgow, civic officials and civic buildings in the city.