To book a volunteer workshop or to find out more, please get in touch with Club and Volunteer Development Officer
At Glasgow Sport, we appreciate volunteering can often be overlooked due to misunderstandings of the types of volunteer roles available, time commitments and experience required. It can be tricky to find the information, especially if they are not internet users.
That’s why in consultation with community groups we now deliver workshops to help individuals explore what volunteering means and help them access suitable roles.
The format and content covered during the workshop (normally 1.5hrs) is flexible and informal, it can be delivered to suit the audience and covers the following:
- Introduction to Glasgow Sport
- Explore the term volunteering
- Myth busting: volunteering on benefits and expenses
- Explore current volunteering opportunities
- Signpost to where individuals can search & join opportunities
- Glasgow Sport Volunteer Bureau Demo
- If participants show interest in a role not currently advertised, details taken and follow up
Past workshop attendees include:
Abercorn School, Anyiso Community Group, Celtic Foundation- Gateway to Health, Glasgow Caledonia University Students, Langside ESOL students, Pitstop – Employability Programme, Polmont Prison – Employability Project and School of Sport Students
“Fun filled workshop with enjoyable and informative information! Pleasantly surprised by the amount of volunteering opportunities available to people of all ages and backgrounds.Highly recommend organisation’s and groups to get involved.”
Amanda Harvie, Pitstops Project