Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA)
Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA)
You can donate at the venue or online.Make A Donation Online
Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow, G1 3AHView on map
We are open and look forward to welcoming you back to the Gallery of Modern Art.
The City of Glasgow is currently at Level 0 of the Scottish Government’s COVID-19 protection levels.
Please refer to the latest guidelines on the Scottish Government website for information on the restrictions that apply to your area.
Essential information for planning your visit
- Our current opening hours are Mon-Sat, Thu: 10-5pm Fri, Sun: 11-5pm
- A ticket is required to enter the museum. Tickets are FREE and available to book at the link below. You need to pre-book for a specific date and time.
- We are unable to accommodate group bookings at this time.
- Please do not book tickets, or visit the gallery, if you or any members of your household, has any symptoms of Coronavirus. Follow up to date medical guidance. More
- Tickets will be released in four week blocks - tickets go live every four weeks on a Thursday, for the four week period beginning the following Monday.
- Please note tickets are non-transferable. if the ticket holder can no longer visit the gallery, please release the tickets by emailing: email@example.com
- Please ensure you bring a face covering to stay safe and protect others, unless you have an exemption.
Book tickets here
On the day of your visit
- On arrival please enter via the main entrance on Royal Exchange Square.
- Wear a face covering to stay safe and protect others. Guidance on face covering exemptions is available from the Scottish Government here.
- Please do not visit the museum if you, or any members of your household, has any symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Your e-ticket will be checked on arrival so please have this ready.
- Please arrive as a group with the ticket holder in attendance to ensure we comply with Test and Protect.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Please maintain 1 metre physical distancing during your visit.
- There are no cloakroom facilities, café, takeaway or retail within the building.
- The Library in the basement at GoMA is currently closed.
- We are unable to provide space for packed lunches at this time.
- Some smaller spaces and hands on displays will be closed off during your visit to allow hygiene and physical distancing measures to be maintained.
- Please observe signage in the venue and any one way routes that are in place.
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times to ensure physical distancing measures can be maintained.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitiser during your visit.
- We politely ask that you keep your visit to a maximum of 2 hours to ensure we can offer entry to as many visitors as possible
Keeping you safe
- As it has been throughout this pandemic, the health and wellbeing of our visitors and Glasgow Life staff remains our priority. We will continue to follow the Government’s guidance and ensure that safety is at the heart of how we operate in the current environment.
Further information for your visit
- For more information and ways to enhance your visit please visit Glasgow Museums where floor maps can be downloaded.
We're Good To Go
We have acquired VisitBritain’s Good to Go accreditation. This Industry Standard mark means GoMA has followed government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, has completed a Risk Assessment and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and physical distancing.
As it has been throughout this pandemic, the health and wellbeing of all Glasgow Life staff and the public remains our priority. We will continue to follow the Government’s guidance and ensure that safety is at the heart of how we operate in the current environment.
We’ll continue to keep this page up-to-date regarding our response to Covid-19. So whether you need it now, or in the near future, it could be worth a bookmark. You can also follow us on Instagram for our latest updates.
British Sign Language (BSL) users: For more information and the latest updates on Glasgow Life and Glasgow City Council services during the coronavirus pandemic, please visit the dedicated BSL section of the council’s website.
Support us: As one of Scotland’s largest charities, Glasgow Life is hugely grateful for the support it has received during the coronavirus pandemic, which has helped us to continue vital work in communities across the city during the most challenging of times. You can continue to help us by donating here.
Get the most up-to-date information on Glasgow Life's response to Covid-19 here.
GoMA is located in the centre of Glasgow. It contains four galleries, a café, a shop and a library.
We are a world class art museum and a place for people to gather, to learn and to share ideas. We display, borrow and collect artworks from around the world.
You can view some of the GoMA collection records in our online collection navigator.
Visit GoMA's online shop.
The accessible toilet is located on the lower ground floor.
Guide and assistance dogs are welcome, and water bowls can be provided.
If you use British Sign Language, you can watch a British Sign Language introduction to GoMA.
There is wheelchair and pram access to all public areas using the lifts.
Please note: There is no level access into the venue.
- View the GoMA floor plan
For major exhibitions the main information panel is supplied in Braille and all labels in large print.
There are BSL and Descriptive tours offered for each exhibition and there is also a regular workshop programme for the Visually Impaired.
Photography and video recording
Photography permission must be agreed with gallery staff. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed. The use of flash and tripods is prohibited.
At times, Glasgow Life will be on the premises to film and take photos.
Glasgow Museums are becoming more autism aware. In 2017, the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA), St Mungo’s Museum, and the Riverside Museum signed up to help Glasgow City Centre become autism-friendly. Visit our Autism Aware Microsite to find out more.
The GoMA blog is an archive for information about our exhibitions and observations from the GoMA team.
Events and exhibits at Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA)
GoMA Exhibition Programme
The Gallery of Modern Art has five exhibition spaces presenting a changing programme of temporary exhibitions.